At Sport Scope, we want to ensure that coaches can seamlessly use the Sport Scope app to record and download footage. No coach wants to deal with technical difficulties with their Sideline Instant Replay system during an important game. Providing our customers with a reliable, easy-to-use system is important to us, and we want to go even further to enhance the user experience. This week’s blog post will outline some helpful tips for optimizing our intuitive system on the iPad.
Smart Camera & EDGE Sideline Replay Tips:
- Ensure that any replay devices that are using the livestream function are streaming from only one camera angle.
- Use the livestream function on as few devices as possible. (Best practice for Smart Cameras is to only have the controlling iPad use the Endzone livestream and best practice for EDGE Replay is to turn off livestream on all iPads). You can do this by:
- Turning off the livestream function in the Preferences menu.
- Viewing replay footage only.
- Keeping the controls tab collapsed.
- Keep the iPad within 15 to 20 feet of appropriate antenna (sideline or pressbox).
- Make sure that there is minimal interference from walls, buildings, stands, etc. between the iPad and the iPad antenna.
- For iPads that are not being used to review each play, turn off the “Automatically Download Clip” function to optimize the network connection for the device being used to review plays. This can be found on the Preferences page within the Sport Scope app.
- Always keep the Sport Scope app and your hardware updated to the latest versions so you have the most up-to-date sideline replay experience. You can check for hardware updates from the Cameras page within the Sport Scope app.
iPad Tips for Utilizing the Sport Scope App:
- Avoid letting the iPad enter “sleep” mode by ensuring that the “Auto-Lock” function of the iPad is set to “Never” from the iPad Preferences.
- Charge your iPad fully before every game or practice.
- Update your iOS to the latest version in the “Software Update” section of your Settings.
- Make sure that you have enough storage (at least 5GB) on your iPad.
- You can view storage information in the System Info section of the Sport Scope app.
- Activate “Do Not Disturb” in Settings to avoid getting notifications while recording games.
- Ensure that the iPad is in Landscape mode by tapping the padlock icon from the Control Center.
- Regularly upload recorded games to Hudl or your computer, and then delete them from the Sport Scope app to conserve storage.
- Sync your iPad to iTunes often.
Both the EDGE Replay and the Sport Scope Smart Endzone Camera are powerhouse sideline instant replay systems that will take your coaching to the next level. At a highly competitive price and premium materials, you can't go wrong with a Sport Scope Smart Endzone Camera system, which gives you wireless endzone control AND built-in sideline replay. And now with our June promotion get a Free iPad with your purchase! Elevate your team above the rest with a Sport Scope Smart Endzone Camera by calling (888) 335-7875 today!
Posted on June 21, 2019